Speedie Mechanical & Tyres offers a full range of tyre brands many at discounted prices.
Speedie Tyres, Kingsford, Eastern Suburbs has the latest tyre changing & balancing machines that ensures your important investment made in tyres are fitted correctly for optimal wear.
Quality Tyres are the one key important factor in performance and safety when car age and make are taken out of the equation. They are also the single element that other vehicle safety factors such as traction control, anti-lock brakes and stability control rely on.
Lack of understanding and awareness of tyre performance on vehicle safety often means price drives the purchasing decision, with many customers not being explained the impacts of lesser quality tyres on their vehicles handling and performance.
Speedie Mechanical & Tyres offers all leading brands, including Yokohama, Dunlop, Goodyear, Bridgestone, Pirelli, Michelin, Cooper Tyres, Kumho, Nexus, BF Goodrich, Continental, Hankook, Maxxis, our focus is making sure your are as safe on the roads as possible.
So what are the facts about tyres?
- Even the best antilock brake systems cannot overcome the effects of poor tyres on a vehicle.
- The minimum legal tread depth is 1.6mm, but the recommended minimum tread in wet conditions is 3mm
- Car tyres can deflate up to 2psi a month. Underinflated tyres are thought to be one of the key factors in tyre blow outs and reduced handling
To get the best out of your tyres follow these handy tips and we're sure you'll be 100% worry free;
- Get your tyres balanced and an alignment done when you get new tyres to ensure you start off with the best possible tyre environment
- Always check your tyre pressure and keep them at the recommended levels at all times - this not only prolongs the life of your tyre, but it provides better fuel efficiencies too
- Avoid pot holes and gutters
- Drive sensibly. Just because you have new tyres doesn't mean you can drive faster around corners or stop faster. While the benefits of having quality tyres might provide this, putting your tyres under unnecessary stress wears them out faster
- Check your tread regularly for signs of irregular wear and tear. Finding these signs and getting a new wheel alignment or your tyres rotated could save you from unnecessary cost sooner than needed.